Translate

Thursday 14 March 2024

Walking

 Walking hand in hand along the dried up lake

loving the summer days, hot and humid we had each other

I loved who you were to me, how we were to each other

Those times, those days, those hours

Little did we know how fast they would fly

How fast we would fail, each other and others 


Walking hand in hand through London

Biba shopping and Oxford street meandering

Loving each other, being together

Those times, those days those those hours

Little did we know how things would end

How fast we would fall, how fast we would slip


Walking hand in hand along the sea shore

Bouncing pebbles, splashing, the sea lapping against us

Life was like being in a warm blanket

Those times, those days, those hours

Loving you, your hands around me, keeping me safe

Your eyes watching me, loving what you saw


Walking hand in hand along the Thames

Feeling something was off in my spirit

Little did I know, your emotions were low

Those times, those days, those hours

Loving you in your distance, hoping against hope

My eyes watching you, not loving what I saw


Walking hand in hand happened no more

We never walked now, no more

How did I know at 15, feeling some sort of way

Those times, those days, those hours

Loving you in the cold, heart hurting hard

How could I have known as a 15 years old









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to thank you for leaving a comment. I am sorry if I don't reply personally but it's gone awol & I really can't find how to repair the problem. I will post an answer or thank you on my blog's. For now, just know I thank you x